Friday, June 13, 2008

Tough Run But Got Through It

Today's jog was tough. I went to the Hunstville State Park with Andrew and Adrienne as planned for a 6:30pm run, same route as last time. I think a combination of it being the end of the week, eating a little too much before the run, the humidity, and the increase in my exercise program with the yoga and pilates was what did me in. Granted, I still finished the entire 25 minutes (week 7 day 2), but it was harder to keep going. I didn't add on any extra time like I did this past Sunday nor feel quite as good finishing. I was able to increase my pace in the last minute which I did enjoy. All in all though, I think I ended up running about 2 miles though despite everything and am thrilled about that. I'm hoping Sunday's run will be better.

Oh, I also learned today that horseflies are evil little things. There I was, doing my cool down walk, when this small black thing dives for and lands on my leg. I brush it off and keep walking, only to have it dive bomb the other leg. This repeats another time with it actually landing on my leg and taking a tiny munch which definitely got my attention. Yet again I swatted it off, attempted to step on it, and ended up having to just give in and run away from it...so I guess technically I did over my 25 minutes today, thanks to the little vampire in the park. Yay for wildlife!

And for anyone reading this...any suggestions for playlists to listen to while running? I'm thinking of adding some more songs to my ipod soon. All for now!

No comments: