Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Day, Another Run

Andrew and I went for another run with some of the Renegades at the Huntsville State Park at 5:30. The weather was surprisingly nice-a bit of a breeze without the sun beating down too heavily on us. I brought along my ipod for those moments when I needed a little extra motivation and distraction. I was a little worried about running today after running yesterday, but it ended up not being an issue. My body was probably just so glad I didn't have a hill like Avenue O on the trail. :-P

Overall I think it was a 4 mile trek. I managed to run the first 15 minutes without stopping and then alternated between running and walking the rest. I think I tripped on roots about 4 times, but I managing to catch myself and keep going. I also did a nice little dance with a branch at one point that wanted to run along with me. I'm hoping maybe the core training I have been doing is paying off and is why I did not crash to the ground.

I think I am going to try to find some decent pilates workout videos I can do at home for when I do not have time to go to the HKC for the class and for during the break between summer 1 and summer 2. Anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

TM said...

Umm...I'll bring what I have on Saturday.
--your maid of honor

Karen said...

Awesome. :-) And I want an invitation to read your blog! lol

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Exam went great...Keep it up, and yes, core training can save you from some falls!

TM said...

What e-mail address did you use to set up this account? I need it to send you the invite.