Monday, June 16, 2008

Pushing my Distance Run/Walk Style

Little sore today. While I meant to finish week 7 day 3 yesterday (running 25 minutes straight) I kind of made a substitution. Andrew and I decided to go running at the state park with some Seven Hills Running Club members instead of just running a route in the avenues. All in all it ended up being a 4 or 5 mile run/walk. I think I ran the first 15 minutes straight at least and after that went into run/walk mode. Overall it was a lot of fun, and we plan to do it again on Thursday. I really appreciated my new water bottle and my running clothes!

As for today, it is back to pilates and yoga. I may run tomorrow or declare it a rest day since I have a test to continue studying for in addition to reading for class. Tuesdays tend to be my longest days since I have a four hour night class along with my M-F 10-12 class and the statistics lab M-Th from 12 to (at the latest) 3.

2 comments:

Katy Lampson said...

Hi Karen! We haven't met yet. I just saw you on Adrienne's blog and realized you and your husby were some of our newest 7 Hills members. Great job on the couch to 5K program...just don't try to keep up with Adrienne. She is just crazy fast!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to meeting you!

Katy

Karen said...

Hi Katy, I look forward to meeting you too. :-)

And I agree, I need a little scooter or something to keep up with Adrienne...she definitely has speed! We went running with her and I was the caboose of the group, lol. Oh well, first distance, then speed...or such is the plan!