Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Long Run

John, Chris, Hans, Phillip, Marisa, and I tackled a longer course for this morning's run (typical for Sundays lately). It ended up being about 6.2 or so miles. Overall, it was a good run. There were an insane number of bikers out today to the point where Hans had to move his car over so I could fit my car into a spot (so I was parked half in a spot and half in the striped space). Andrew was absent since he overindulged at Kristina and David's Bachelor/ette party that we hosted last night. He had a lovely hangover and chose to stay in bed.

I was glad today's run went well since during my last trail run on Wednesday I was miserable. I walked way more than usual. I think a combination of eating too much before running, experimenting with carrying powerade instead of water (bad idea), and the heat just did me in. *shrug* At any rate, I guess there has to be some bad runs for everyone.

We were in San Antonio Thursday to Saturday visiting relatives. While there I only ran a mile through their neighborhood Friday morning. However, we went walking throughout our stay. I think Thursday night we walked a mile with his Aunt and Uncle, Friday night two miles with his Aunt, Uncle, and cousin Mark, and just Andrew and I for one mile on Saturday morning.

In other news, I am glad we went running this morning. The weather this afternoon and evening has been so rainy and windy. Our electricity was out at one point.

No comments: