Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Playful Run

Andrew and I drove out to Huntsville State Park today. Since no one else was there, we decided to run Marisa's course. The run turned into a combination of some longer running, hiking, short bursts of speed running (when the mood struck us), and a bit of kickball from kicking stray limbs off the trail. There were plenty of smaller limbs and a few large ones as a result of the weather from the last few days. I tried to kick to the side or pick up some of them at least. The extra debris caused us to weave our way along more than usual. Also, while the temperature was fine, the humidity was awful.

The run was fairly uneventful. However, when we arrived home Andrew discovered the necessity of spraying down well with bug spray. He took off his socks and noticed these little black things on his feet. Basically, they were chiggers (which in my opinion rank right up there with horseflies as something to avoid). After dealing with them myself a few times in the past, I tend to spray plenty on my legs and around my ankles. I'm sure Andrew will be more meticulous too from now on.

Yesterday I did not go running because of the rain and to give my body a break after the running on Sunday and Monday. Instead I opted for an hour and half on my exercise bike while watching a movie. Normally my Tuesday night excuse is that I have night class, but it was canceled due to the University Center closing (because of the weather).

That's pretty much it for now. Time for some more studying and sleep.

No comments: