Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cool Weather Does Exist

One way of gauging how busy I am is to see how long after my run I finally post about it here. I ran on Tuesday, and here I am on Thursday finally posting about it. Needless to say, it's been a busy week. Tonight we plan to run again. Perhaps I'll post about it in a more timely fashion.

There was a large group of us running (John, Phillip, Phillip's dog, Hans, Chris. Marisa, Curtis, Lavonne, Andrew, and I...I think that's everyone). We ran the usual route with a little variation. At the bench (past Amy's Crossing) we went left and ran on a mix of trails and road back to the parking lot. This may have caused the route to be a little shorted, but I'm not sure. At any rate, I ran to Amy's Crossing this time instead of taking a right, so I added on a little more than I usually do there.

When we arrived at the park, the cool breeze shocked me. I had become so accustomed to expecting and fighting the heat and humidity, but this was a welcome change. Even at the end when we were all sitting around, I still felt cool. I'm looking forward to more days like that.

Also, for anyone interested, we are running at the park at 6pm today and meeting at the HKC at 5pm tomorrow to run half the half marathon. So come on out!

No comments: