Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tree Cutters in Huntsville

I went running this morning a little after 8am. I decided to attempt the Avenues route, assuming the roads I needed were open. I managed to stick to the route until I hit Avenue S. Instead of turning right onto 22nd, I continued down to 20th and took a right there. That led me back to my apartment.

The reason I continued down Avenue S was because 22nd had tree cutters. Technically one lane was open, but they had to pause whenever a car came through, and it did not reassure me to watch a limb drop right over where I would be running. I decided that I would be doing them and me a favor by taking an alternate route.

It was weird seeing so many tree cutters out as well as people in general. Most of the time it seems like everyone is holed away in their respective houses. On the bright side, the weather was in the 60s, a beautiful temperature to run in.

After my run I had the joy of taking a cold shower and eating some pancakes (we used the just add water and shake stuff) Andrew had cooked on the coleman stove.

Yesterday Andrew and I went biking. We biked in the morning about 3 miles and another 6 that evening just around the avenues. It felt good just to get out of the apartment.

That's basically a small update of the last few days. I plan to run again soon so I don't get too horribly out of shape. Plus, my diet has not exactly been all that it should be due to having to eat what we have and can get. Yay for hurricanes...

No comments: