Sunday, September 7, 2008

Longest Run Yet

John, Phillip, Chris, Marisa, Ron, Andrew, and I ran at the park this morning. We decided to add on a little optional length for those interested which consisted of taking the usual left at Amy's Crossing or running straight past it and turning left at the road. It would add over a mile to the typical 6.2 route. All of us but Ron tried it.

I was a little apprehensive at first since that would definitely be the longest route yet for me, but I was excited too. I was looking forward to stretching my endurance a little, even if it meant going slower and walking more. I figured even if I had to walk the entire road part back, at least I was still moving instead of just stopping at 6.

Really, from the start, I was in a good mood anyway. After all, the weather today was beautiful. It was not as humid, the sun was shining, and there was a pleasant breeze. It was just one of those days when it feels great to be out running. A very nice change from the sweltering heat and humidity.

Towards the end (just past Amy's Crossing) I was concerned that my water bottle was a little low but it lasted the entire run (barely). I really need to fill it up more next time. However, snack-wise I was fine. I had my chocolate curves bar in my pack with my phone and split it with John and Marisa a little after the dam. I carry it, my phone, and a few band-aids with me lately. I think this will likely be a continuing trend since I do not like to drink anything but water while running, but I'm sure snacks will be needed as the runs get longer.

Andrew and I plan to run again tomorrow and Thursday. Because of 6pm night class, Tuesday and Wednesdays are impossible. :-(

No comments: