Monday, September 8, 2008

Leisure Run and Fun

Andrew and I did go running as planned, and we even dragged our friend Aaron along. He's a triathlon junkie, and as he says himself, running is his weakest sport of the three. We had told him many times before about running on the trails, and now that school has started and he lives up here again, he wanted to come. While we thought we would be saving him 4 dollars by driving him in, we forgot that exit 109 would be closed, so both of us got to expend that much more gas and money getting to the next exit before turning around. Oh well, at least it was still cheaper.

Also, because we did 8 miles yesterday and no one but us three were running, we ran Marisa's course. Aaron stayed somewhere between Andrew and I for the first part of the run. We kept him on track for the most part...there were at least two spots he ran headlong down the wrong trail before realizing he had to turn back. I kept to my happy little slow pace again today, content in just running and walking and enjoying the trails.

My little speedster husby did not get to speed off as much as he would have liked since I was content to be a caboose. He waited for me at the spot where the trail goes left to follow the lake, and then later he came back for me not too long after I had turned left to go away from the lake. Even though I know I slowed him down, it was nice to run together. We would run, walk, pass each other, etc. Most of the time I would speed up and pass him only to be passed a few seconds later. It's nice to have running in common and to enjoy it together...it really is.

No comments: