Saturday, January 24, 2009

Valentine's Weekend Plans

Andrew and I signed up for the 25K for the 14th annual East Texas Ultra Runners 25/50K held at Tyler State Park. This will be our second 25K (our first being Rocky Raccoon in November). We plan to camp at the park the night before and the night after...hopefully the weather won't be too miserable. Andrew was all for driving in that morning, but if the race starts at 7am, I do not want to be leaving Huntsville in the wee hours of the morning and then attempting to run a 25K.

I would like to beat my previous time at Rocky (3:22:49) or at least be under 3:30:00. Then after the race, Andrew and I can drive in to Tyler to wander around or something...*shrug*. At the very least we won't have to worry about trying to get back to Huntsville quite yet.

We are also considering running one of the races on The Seabrook Lucky Trails Marathon Weekend. It's the last weekend of our spring break. After completing two 25Ks, the half marathon wouldn't be so bad...right? They have a neat thing they call the Pelican Challenge where you can run a half marathon on Saturday and another on Sunday and get a 10 dollar discount for signing up and an extra medal. It sounds intriguing...if only I could be certain my legs would move the next day! :-P

Oh...and today I got new shoes!!!!!!!!!!! :-D Yay! Perhaps I'll post a picture later when they aren't so new and shiny...:-P.

No comments: