Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today's Run at the State Park

Ran about 8 or 9 miles today at the park starting at 1pm. Marisa and I ran together with Hans and Chris catching up to us at the road (we had passed Amy's Crossing to continue on...and they had added on an extra two miles which is why they were behind us). Andrew went straight instead of turning in towards the dam then took the service road to the dam and back out again, and I have no idea what Phillip and Norman ran or Ken. Basically today was one of those days where we all ran the route...they just happened to vary between individuals or small groups. :-P

I saw Andrew when he came in via the service road to the dam and then as a quickly fading red dot, lol. He's trying to push himself, walking less and increasing his distance.

The weather was in the upper 40s or low 50s think...I wore the gardening gloves Phil gave me, earmuffs, a beanie, a long sleeve tech shirt, a t-shirt, and pants. Early on I took off the beanie and earmuffs (got too hot within the first few miles) and I took off the gloves a little after that only to put them back on for the last mile or two. I really need to figure out how to dress for this weather...

Oh, and I wore my new shoes today. They are slightly dusty but the white parts are still practically blinding. I figure if I run at Pritchett anytime soon though, that will change quickly. Good old red dirt. :-P

No comments: