Sunday, July 6, 2008

Who Needs R&R?

Yesterday was a busy day. Not only did we run 2 miles (prior route backwards) but I also went shopping in San Marcos with Andrew's mom and aunt. That was crazy...it seemed like everyone else had had the same idea. One of the shopping outlets was so packed we had to park behind the center. It reminded me of trying to park on campus just before class starts...and made me appreciate again living close enough to walk to class. I would not be surprised if there was at least one fender bender in that lot yesterday. I'd much rather walk a little farther than drive around for 30 minutes stalking people walking to their car.

The day ended with some swimming and another walk. The swimming consisted of me sitting in the hot tub watching Andrew and his brothers splash, attack, and just goof off in the pool. I tried to stay out of the war zone. :-P Meanwhile Shiloh (their small dog) kept running around the pool licking water off of anyone within reach.

Then this morning we went for a walk through the neighborhood and onto the nature trail. Andrew and I woke up later than planned (8 instead of 7:40) and so had to catch up to everyone else. The nature trail consisted of a paved walk in a figure eight formation through the brush. No roots and few hills. We did see a deer though.

While we have gotten some rest and relaxation, it's been more of a break from attending class than anything else...and a break from Huntsville. Not that I don't like Huntsville-but it's nice to get away. Yay for breaks!

Oh! And I ran the two miles in about 24 minutes. Hills and all.

No comments: