Thursday, July 24, 2008

Renegade Route

Yesterday John, Hans, Ken, Amy, Josh, and I ran what I have decided to call the renegade route at the park since I am not sure it has a name other than the 4 or 5 mile route. Andrew opted out of coming due to a headache.

The trail was pretty as usual, the temperature was surprisingly cool (due to the rain), and it was almost unbearably humid (once again due to the rain). Despite that I persevered and managed to run the first part to the road without any walking breaks. I even picked up my pace at a few spots after the road and kept up with Hans and John more. I'm still taking the shortcut before Amy's Crossing, but maybe I'll add in that extra tenth soon...maybe. Also, the wildlife was especially fond of Hans. Two armadillos at two different locations and a few deer all decided to startle him on the trail past Amy's Crossing and the bench.

I continue to carry my ipod with me when I run the trails, but I can't remember when was the last time I used it. It's more like a blankie I guess- there for security. I am working on not needing it at all so that if/when I enter a race I can do without. Plus, I feel like I focus a little more on what I am doing which is great since the terrain is rough and the wildlife is so friendly.

However, listening to the ipod has been great for running on the track at the HKC. Then it's almost like a treat- music, air conditioning, flatness, the appearance I am doing more than I am since it is only 200 meters for a lap...yep, it's like ice cream, lol. The trail runs are more like a sandwich- necessary, more to them...(note to self: blogging when hungry is bad, bad, bad...).

In other news, I'll be going home for a wedding this weekend. We might run at the state park there or around my parent's property. I'll type more on all that later.

No comments: