Friday, August 21, 2009

My 2nd Lubbock Run

This morning was my second 6am run with the E20s, and today there was 4 of us (with none of the 3 from Wednesday). This time Drew and I knew that the dark corner with the flickering streetlamp was the right corner, so I felt a little less like I was entering the beginning of a horror flick. Although one of the runners did tell us an interesting story...apparently (I think recently?) they found a guy lying face up in the ivy of the yard below the freaky lamp. The runner checked to make sure he was breathing (which he was) and left him to sleep off his partying. Fun times.

I felt more comfortable for this run. The runners had a pace slightly faster than mine, and so I did not feel like I was constantly trying to catch up or holding the group back. I walked a few times but not as much as on Wednesday, and according to my GPS I ran 4.39 with a pace of 10:43 whereas Wednesday I ran 4.29 with a pace of 11:01. Both of my paces are faster than I have recorded since I started keeping track in February but I am guessing that the low humidity and lack of hills is at least partially to blame. In the early morning here it is actually a little chilly...Anyway, all for now.

No comments: