Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mon. 11/2 - Sat. 11/7

My running and walking mileage for the past 6 days (Mon.-Sat.):

Monday:ran 4.08 (on my own in the evening)
Tuesday: walked 4.26 (with Natalie and Bailey)
Wednesday: ran 3.18 (with Megan and Ace)
Thursday: none
Friday: walked 1.42 (with Kara and Conner)
Saturday: ran 6.12 (with Megan, Ace, and Zach)

Total running: 13.38 miles
Total walking: 5.68 miles

All of these run/walks were at the 19th Street Park except for today's late morning run which was at Mackenzie Park. It was the hardest run of the week due to its length, the 80 degree heat, lack of shade, and more cross country terrain (hills, rocks, grass, and asphalt mixed throughout). I tried to minimize the effects of heat and dehydration by drinking enough water during the run and Gatorade after, but I still felt ugh later and had a headache. Yay.

Random things I saw on the run today:
a regional cross country meet in progress
CDs placed at intervals along the road
golfers
Lubbock's version of an amusement park- Joyland
prairie dogs

I hope all who ran Rocky Raccoon had a fun and safe run!

All for now!

No comments: